Monday, August 4, 2014

Returning after healing

I injured my psoas muscle earlier this year. Apparantly, that is a pretty significant injury. I kept thinking it just needed a few weeks to heal. But it took forever. I finally felt like I could really run at the beginning of July. So I got back at it and it was hard. Anything before that was just maintenance running. I'm now ready to get back at it and really work on the speed.

It was very discouraging to have to go through the healing process. Accepting that you are a human being and have limitations is always hard. Especially when it interferes with goals. Big goals. I had been aiming for the Boston marathon of 2015, but qualification on that is about to close. I'm now shooting for 2016. My muscle feels very weak right now and I feel prone to injury there. But I was in Arizona for the past three weeks at my parents house and worked on strengthening that muscle A LOT. So tonight I'll get out and see what I can do!

The biggest thing that will be helping me out with my goal is peace of mind. I have almost completely turned over the business to my seamstresses and my Administrative Assistant. Before when I would run I would worry about the mounting work or what emails I had to return to. But the business is almost functioning entirely without me. I still have a few specialty items I need to teach some of the girls how to do. But after that I'll just be "owner." :) And I can focus more on my family and my goals.

Headed out for a fast run in about 20 minutes. Let's see what I can do!

Stay tuned. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment