Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A lot has changed in the last 24 hrs

First things first, today's run:
Short run because I have lots of work to do tonight. I originally didn't have lots of work to do, but a few things have popped up so now I have a lot to do.
Ran 5k, lovely weather, just perfect. Wished I could have stayed out longer. My calves are killing me from yesterday's run, but once I get moving I don't even feel it.
My mystery abdominal pain is lessening. So I may not go to my doctor.
No EDS pain today except in my fingers, but there isn't a whole lot I can do about that.


Okie dokie. So did my research on the NYC marathon. If I want to use that as my olympic trial marathon I have to run a marathon before Dec 31, 2014. And even then, it isn't guaranteed I'll get in. They've already excepted all they're competitors and are now onto charity runners and "regular people." The latter two gets selected by lottery. But I just think if it's meant to be then I'll get chosen. If I don't then this wasn't my year. But anywho, I found a few races later in the year. I have decided to run the Richmond, VA marathon for my qual race on Nov 15th. I'm a tad nervous because my current program is structured for the race to happen the first week of January. So I am not sure if it's going to work out. But I am at least going to give it a try.

So tonight I have to make three more training videos because I'm about to hand off all my work to someone else. (I hired three people last week. I might hire two more, but I can't think about that right now :)). I am up back up to eleven subcontractors and I think managing them is going to be quite enough without any of the construction end of the business in my hands.

There was another race later in November, but it didn't work out with my social life ;) My birthday has become a very sad occasion for me ever since my 2011 birthday. Something happened that day that has just tainted my birthday for me. It is no longer a happy day, but a day of grief and great personal sadness. I have forgiven those who hurt me on that day, but they still have not accepted responsibility or even acknowledged how much they hurt me. Even though my birthday (Nov 16th) is still two and a half months away, even thinking about it coming up gives me so much anxiety. I hate it now. I don't even want it to come. My sister knows how much this hurts me. So I am flying out to her in San Diego and she is taking me to the Bastille concert to celebrate my birthday! I wouldn't have it any other way! I have a hard time spending my birthday with my husband because it was his family that hurt me. And he knows what they did and knows how much it hurt and is fine with me celebrating my birthday with my sister.

So anyway, I will be leaving for that early morning Wednesday, the concert is Wednesday night, then my sister takes me back to the airport after the concert. it's going to be the best 16 hours ever! haha! But that's two days out of training. So the end of November races are out for me. The Richmond one is perfect because it's the day before my birthday. So I'll have plenty of distraction from my sadness. And we used to live near Richmond. So I am hoping that on my birthday (Sun the 16th) that we'll be able to take our kids to where we lived for Joshua's first year. I think that would be a fun way to spend the day. Plenty of distraction. Hopefully see old friends. Maybe we'll even go to church in the Bennetts Creek Ward!

I do think running on the 15th of Nov will work out even though it doesn't necessarily work with my current training plan. I think I have a lot of anxiety and a lot of grief I'm still dealing with as my birthday approaches that I will be able to work out in these intense training sessions. Put those feelings to good use!

On Saturday I will be running a tempo race. My husband is going to ride his bike (with kids in the trailer) at a speed of 8 miles per hour and I am going to run behind him. Hoping to do that for a 10k. I won't stop until I've done 5k, but I'm hoping to hold out through 10k.

I am looking into getting a personal trainer to help me with my form and strengthening my core muscles. I'm a wimp when it comes to my core. After two c sections and an appendectomy I have an intense fear of splitting open and having all my inside fall out of me. I've gotten better and have been doing tons of core workout lately. But I'm pretty sure it isn't enough for what I am about to put my body through. Have to step it up. At that point, I'll be making more detailed records of exactly what I'm doing. Follow my twitter @MelRunTheWorld. And I'll be getting an instagram soon since I just figured out what that is. haha! And I guess it goes together if you want to have a twitter and post images or something. I don't know. I'm so dumb at the Internet.

Peace out, y'all! Thanks for reading! I hope to inspire people as I progress. As of Tuesday of next week, both my kids will be in school during the day and I will be ramping up the training schedule! Look for it if you want to join me and follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment