Saturday, August 23, 2014

Long Runs= Funny Tan Lines

I've nearly killed my calves this week working on my speed. So I decided to take both today and tomorrow off. I tried to take my kids to the Salem Red Sox game, but we got rained out. So I took them home and decided to do a run for today anyway. In the rain. It was good! I was feeling so comfortable. just running at a steady pace. Last night I did a quick short run, three miles. first was under 8 minutes the second and third were just over 8 minutes. So I've really been picking up my speed! But then today I tried to run at a comfortable speed and got to a steep hill. . .  my calves gave up the ghost. Muscle failure! They just completely went on strike! Well, only my left one. Hobbling home, I had lots of time to think about how rest is a good thing. Breaking out the doTerra tonight!

Long runs do make for funny tan lines.

Running with the sun on my left, I guess. . . 

Sorry for the gross pic. Post rain and fast run. :) This tan looks funny because sports bras go inward toward your neck and down the back. But regular shirts, or for example the dress I'll be wearing to church tomorrow are more open to the shoulders. So this tan is going to look awesome! haha

Well, I may take a few days off. Now that I know I have the speed thing figured out since I have perfected forefoot strike, I am feeling comfortable taking off till probably Tuesday. May do some drills on Monday night. Then I am going to focus on distance.

Peace out y'all! I got this! Now that I am super comfortable at 8 minute miles, I might make NYC marathon my goal instead of Boston :) Have to see how I do on distance next week.


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment