Saturday, August 16, 2014

Not happening.

Reporting to you again from the comforts of the living room fort as I watch Sherman and Mr. Peabody with my kids and husband. :)

So today was supposed to be a long run. I never go far from home in case of emergency and because I haven't yet mastered running long distances without having to go to the bathroom all the time. My goal was to do 15 miles. Actual: 6.5 miles. :( sad day. . . . . My kids had a birthday party today, two of them, actually. . .  The parties started at 1 pm. I did manage to get up at 10 am and work until noon, but at noon all I could manage was enough strength to brush my daughter's hair for the party. Then I laid down in bed because of horrendous cramps. But I had told myself I'd be running at 1 and 1 was coming up. So I pulled myself out of bed and took way took long to get dressed. I dragged my bruised and bleeding self to the track and started running. It wasn't bad! I immediately stopped feeling the cramps. It only took about a quarter mile and I wasn't feeling it anymore. I knew this would happen, I don't just pile pain upon pain upon pain. So everything was going great until three miles when  had to go home for "fem-hys," as my dad calls them (feminine hygiene). Then I set back out. It was great. I finally hit my stride at mile four. I felt amazing and was actually running 6:53 per mile at one point for a little bit of distance. It was amazing. But then it all happened again. Super soakers in abundance and nothing can help this heavy bleeder. Sad day. So at mile six I thought I was going to have to go back home. But I knew one more trip back home and I'd call it quits for the day. I tried to stay out telling myself that I had read about marathon runners who mess their pants and still finish the race! Surely I could do 3.75 more miles. But I couldn't. I called it quite at 6.5 and then spent an hour cleaning the crime scene out of my pants. And now I'm going to google how other girls train while on their periods. There must be a way! Athletes train every single day. How do they do it? Or maybe I'm just one lucky girl who bleeds heavily CONSTANTLY for seven days.


But anywho. . .  I did some of my run on the trail this morning. I like to do that every once in a while. One thing I like about running is that it strengthens my testimony of God and how He created this earth. On the trails I see so many beautiful things and think to myself, "How can anyone believe this happened by accident or was just a coincidence?"

Back to it on Monday. Sunday's are my day off from training. I have a bunch of new drills to do that I'll write about on Monday. Back to a rousing session of lying on the couch.



M.

No comments:

Post a Comment