Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Post recovery

I took some time off to let a lot of things that were bugging me heal. I had designated today as my return day a long time ago. This is what the day looked like:


Train in the rain. Wasn't so bad. I ran all 6.7 miles of red loop at Ragnar in the rain. So it was NO big deal. But I was Spectacularly slow. And with the amount of time I took off I have to start my training program again. Until I get a running coach, I am using the training program designed by the Boston Athletics Association. I am doing the Advanced program found here. It was originally intended that the end of the training would fall on Richmond race day. but that isn't going to happen. I tore something in my arch and had to let that heal for two weeks. Set me back significantly. So I need to rework some things.

A few things are working in my favor: temperatures cooling, work is going really smooth, kids are finally settled in to the school and after school schedule AND I am finally losing the weight put on when I wasn't training while healing from my psoas injury for 8 months. So I'm looking forward to getting back into it. 

Back at it and feeling great! Follow my instagram or twitter @MelRunTheWorld .



No comments:

Post a Comment