Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Best mile yet!

I took Sunday and Monday off to get over my feminine problems. Then I tried to run yesterday and it turns out I wasn't quite over it. I googled what runners do and it said they just take birth control so they don't have periods! I'm not going to spend money on something I don't need (tubal ligation means I don't need that)! So I don't know what I'm going to do. I am going to ask my doctor for suggestions. I'm also going to see what he can do to treat the endo. It's getting worse and worse.

So I went out tonight. I was supposed to do a difficult run tonight, 4x800 at marathon pace with 3 minut recoveries inbetween. but since I haven't run since Saturday I just wanted to do an easy maintenance run. So I started and I was feeling good and comfortable and my watch said I'd run a mile. So I looked to see how long it took. . .  7:31! POW! And when I hit that point the song on my iwatch (i don't know what it's called so I call it my iwatch) was the same song that was playing when I pulled out of my marathon. I was like, take that as me flippin' you the bird, stupid injury! Normally at that speed I'm spent after a mile. But I felt really good and ran the rest of the 5k, no recovery laps or anything, averaging 8:20.

I have more to write, but I also have to make seven roman shades tonight so that I can go camping with my family this weekend. :) So off to work I go.

7:31 is Boston worthy. I think this is getting to be a realistic goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment