Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Shin Splints

Trying to let my shin splints heal and taking it easy.

Thursday 2/27: 1.21 miles
Saturday 3/1: 5.67 miles
Monday 3/3: 6.5 miles

Hoping for 8-10 today, but we'll see. Shin splints are pretty wicked. I feel fine most of the time, but when I start to run I feel broken. My legs feel like snapped twigs. :/

I have started using Deep Blue fro DoTerra and I really like it. I also have a heating pad on my legs all the time if I am not walking. When I am working and standing at my work table I usually have my legs wrapped up in the heating pad.

Hydration has also been an issue. I always think I'm drinking constantly, but when I try to do a long run, even with drinking water every two miles, at the speed I am running I just feel like I'm not hydrated enough. ugh! One of these days Ill get this running thing figured out and then I'll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment