Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"No Bake Cookie Oatmeal" Recipe!

2/25: 2 mile run (I have shin splints now)

2/26: 8 miles at a 12:28 pace. I'm pretty sure I looked like I was running from zombies because the look on my face must have been that of horror. I have shin splints, but have to run anyway. Did 8 miles on shin splints, baby! I feel great now. Yesterday was killer, but I feel okay. I don't know if I just ran through it or what. I probably didn't. It's probably going to hurt like a beast tomorrow.

I partially dislocated my right knee last night. I felt it happening and was able to stop my knew rotation mid dislocation and I just collapsed on the floor and put it back in place. Dislocate my right should yesterday morning and my right elbow this evening. oh, and my jaw. I dislocated my jaw joint yesterday. But no amount of running is going to improve that. It's kind of a bad streak, but up till this point I had gone a long time without dislocating.

What I am training for takes just about all the fun out of eating. When deciding what to eat I have to think about what its purpose is. Is this going to repair my muscles? Aid in recovery? Give me energy? Yah, zero fun. But I came up with a few recipes that put the fun back into it. They probably aren't entirely "legal" with what I am training for. But you can only so much before it's too much.

"No Bake Cookie Oatmeal." Basically, I started making no bakes and ate the oatmeal before refrigerating. haha

Here's what I did. It fed a family of four with some left over:

5 cups of water
2.5 cups of oatmeal (the real deal, none of that quick stuff or microwave stuff)
dash of salt for the cooking water
5 Tablespoons of sugar
2.5 Tablespoons of baking cocoa
2 Tablespoons of butter
3-4 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter

I cooked the oatmeal until it was thick. I added the sugar , baking cocoa and butter. Then I took some out because my husband doesn't like PB. Then I added the PB. After putting it in the dishes I topped it with chocolate chips. Life is good again. ;)



Don't mind the invisalign trays in the upper left corner. . .

And no breakfast meal is complete in our house without Mickey Mouse imprinted toast.



No comments:

Post a Comment