Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/18

Good things. I haven't dislocate anything from my waist or lower in I don't even know how long. It's been a long time. I've been focusing so much on my running now that I haven't been doing too much on the strength machines. So I did dislocate my shoulder this morning when I got out of bed. It was pretty miserable.

I was going to take today off to rest, but my legs were just screaming for a run. So I ran for the 40 minutes that my kids were in their swim lessons. And now my body hates me!

I could only run 4.09 because I had to get my kids. Realistically, I dropped them off, then walked to the track then had to end a bit before lessons were over. So I ran a total of 27 minutes.

Mile 1: 10:15
1/8 mile recovery
Mile 2: 11:00
1/8 mile recovery
1/2 mile cool down

I was surprised! My legs felt like lead weights after yesterdays great run and I thought I was running so slow. But it ended up being a 10:15 mile. Then when I started my second running mile, it felt like I was trudging through mud and it was an 11:00 minute mile. Not bad! Now I just have to be able to do that for 26.2 miles in a row. Ha!

A few weeks ago my husband and I were talking about racing and he said, "I think it's physically impossible for the average person to run an 8 minute mile, let alone someone with EDS." I completely forgot the EDS part and just thought on the level of "average person." I thought, I wonder how many people don't even know they can do it because they haven't tried. So I thought I'd give it a try! Not only am I getting there, but I have EDS. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment