Monday, February 24, 2014

I stepped on a piece of glass on Thursday morning. :( So I took off Thurs and Fri to let that heal. I ran 7.6 miles on Saturday. I felt great and felt like I could go further, but I had a date with two little people to see the Lego Movie. Which was doubly awesome, by the way.

Today I ran 5.37 miles and I think I'm wearing out my shoes. One of my toe nails tore half way down. (that isn't why I think my shoes are wearing it. Just happenstance). There is something in my left show that is rubbing against my arch. My "arch" (flat feet woes. . . ). And that's why I think I have worn out my shoes. I bought them a year ago for $200. So I guess it was time for them to be warn out. But at $200, this pass time is an investment!!

Tonight's run was kind of funny. Well, now it is, but it wasn't at the time. I forgot my water bottle and could tell I was starting to feel a little dehydrated. There was a point in the run when all I could think about was pop tarts. I was like, "Seriously, Melissa? Focus! Time. Speed. Steps. Don't dislocate. Poptarts. Strawberry poptarts." And for the next mile all I could do was name every kind of pop tart I knew. Then I knew I needed water.

I'm feeling really good. My legs don't feel like lead weights anymore. I sleep really well now. That is not something that has ever really happened for me. I am so glad for that. It makes life so much easier.

Tomorrow is a 10 mile day, I hope. I normally run in the mornings before my kids wake up, but tomorrow I will be running while my kids do swim lessons. So I will have to go down there mid run to get them showered, etc and back to childwatch. So We'll see how successful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment