Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 2

Well, today was a disappointment. But I definitely learned something about hydration.

I ran 1/2 mile at a speed of 10 miles per hour and had to stop to get water. Then I stopped about every half mile after that to get water. I thought I hydrated PLENTY after my run yesterday. But I didn't. I've trained for a half marathon and never had this happen to me. But I realized today that when I felt like that before I'd just slow down and run at a comfortable speed. But because I'm really trying to push my speed I've realized that I can't neglect my hydration anymore. It was the craziest thing. I used to be able to get by doing the bare minimum. But now I realize that I can't push myself to what I'm capable of if I don't take better care of myself.

So today was a disappointment. But I did run a total of 3.25 miles. And courtesy of Monty Python, I get a pitiful, "yea. . ."
 
 
 
Today's stats: 3.25 miles
1/2 miles at 10 miles per hour rate
1.5 miles at 6.5 miles per hour rate
1.25 miles (including the warm up and cool down) at 4.5-5 mile per hour rate
 
yea. . . It's a good thing I've given myself a lot of time to figure out these things.

I am devoting a lot of, well all of, my personal time to this. I wake up at 4:30 and go to the gym until 6:30. Every day. I have tried to make more of my work time so I have more time to focus and learn more about my upcoming goals. I have eliminated Facebook and chat from my life, which I miss terribly. I loved keeping in touch with my seamstresses on google chat and seeing what people are up to on FB. But I have been able to get much more work done in the amount of time that I have and am still successful at focusing purely on my children when they are home from school.


No comments:

Post a Comment