Saturday, February 15, 2014

Snowmageddon

We got 22" on Thursday and Friday. Holy smokes! Basically, I didn't run for two days. One night I went out and ran in the snow. It was a great run. Really worked out my legs. But I didn't end up going very far.

But this morning we were finally able to get out of the parking space. But Garren didn't want me to drive. So he drove me to the gym and ran with me. He tried to get me to do 8 minute miles today. I said, "Not quite read for that. . ." But I gave it a try. We did one at 8 minutes then started another, but I could only make 1/3 mile at that pace. Then I slowed down. We averaged about 11 and a half minute miles.

Altogether we ran 4 miles today. Not going to cut it To stick to my plan I was supposed to run a half marathon today with 9 miles at marathon speed. Today's run made me realize I have a lot of hardwork ahead of me. I'm really going to have to stick to it. Can't take off any days.

Also, I think I'm just going to go ahead and make those support wraps. I want to try them. See if I stop focusing on each step so much. My shoes are great (Aesics) and help me feel like I don't need to think about it so much. But I'd like to be a little more reassured.

Judging by the look on my husband's face after mile 1, I think I can do this. He was like, "I'm done!" I said, "I can do this, huh?" He said, "yah. . . " very exhaustedly. :)

Today's stats:
Distance: Four miles and maybe 1/3-1/2 mile
Time: 54 minutes 3 seconds This includes warm up and cool down time
Rate: Average running speed (not including warm up and cool down): 11:30

This won't do! I've decided that in addition to my daily work outs at the gym in the morning before my kids wake up, I will be walking them to and from school and doing sprints home. I'm hoping to increase my speed in these short distances. I'm hoping to build up the endurance during the 2 hour morning work outs. Then finding time to do the weight machines since it's the only thing keeping me in one piece. ugh. This is beginning to feel impossible. I guess if it were easy everyone would do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment