Monday, March 24, 2014

Popcorn Recipe for runners

I love my Runner's World Cookbook. We do movie night at our house on Saturdays. On Saturday I made a popcorn recipe I found in my new cookbook. It's super simple and very good.

I am unsure of the exact ratios because I had to make enough for the whole family. So I kind of made them up :)

1/2 C popcorn kernals
2 tbps sesame oil
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
salt

Big hit! I worked all night and morning and then took my kid to play at my friend's house. We have kids the same age and she and I are performing in church on Easter Sunday. So no running today. Sleep for me instead :) Tomorrow it is going to snow 3". This winter will never end. I hope to get some running in at some point tomorrow, but not really counting on it. Maybe tomorrow will be a good day to try some new recipes from the Runner's World Cookbook.

The only thing I haven't "converted" to yet is using Portobello mushrooms instead of bread. What the heck? I don't know if I'll ever completely conform.  . . I don't mind mushrooms. I put them in everything! But using them as slices of bread?! I just haven't been able to wrap my mind around that yet. . .  Going to egg whites was enough for a few weeks. Working on the diet slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment