Monday, March 31, 2014

384 lbs of happiness

I could write volumes about the things I love about my husband. But today, I love how excited he gets about my job. We are now suppliers of window treatment parts. When our supplies came in from China today I texted him. He said, "384 lbs of cord lock happiness!" He was super excited and asked for detailed pictures and descriptions because he couldn't wait to get home to see what 384 lbs of cord locks and cord pulls looks like. I love that he gets excited and encourages my job. So anywho, my workout today began with carrying 14 boxes of cord locks and pulls totally 384 lbs. How much fun was that? I'd rather be passing a kidney stone.

I ran 8.02 miles today! And it was awesome! My goal is to run a 10K in one hour by Friday.

Best part of today, My husband says he wants to start running! He's been working out a little here and there the past month when he takes the kids to swim lessons. But tonight he said he wanted to do more after the kids go to bed! I'm super happy for him! He won't admit it, but I think I inspired him :)

I want to go pass out now from running so much. So I am going to go do that. Tomorrow I get to train a new seamstress, but back hard at work on Wednesday!

All I can say about going into this week is that I am so happy and happiness makes a huge difference. I used to run while angry. And that did seem to help me run faster ;) but it felt heavy. Like I felt like I had a weight on me as I ran. And I had a significant event happen yesterday that made that whole list of reasons I am running this marathon dwindle down significantly to just a few. And now that I am more focused and much happier with where my life is, I can say I feel the difference when I run. It has made me want to go further. I am so happy this week! I think that's a side affect of running ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment