Thursday, March 20, 2014

DOOM!

This week I have been trying to let my psoas muscle heal. I thought I was all better and ran 4 miles yesterday. It doesn't feel terrible today, but it also doesn't feel really great either.

I ran four miles straight yesterday with an 11:35 average. It was very exciting for me. I had a very happy smile on my face and I'm sure everyone was looking at me and how ridiculous I looked. I didn't have to do any recovery laps. It felt awesome! I'm a long way from 8 minute miles, especially if this muscle never heals. But I continue to improve every day!

My kids and husband have been very sick with a nasty flu. Like, vomit every ten minutes sick. I haven't gotten it yet, which is weird because I almost ALWAYS get everything my kids get. I do feel the looming cloud of doom over my head, but I am doing everything I can to prevent it. If I have to retrain my lungs to go long distances this late in the game, I'm doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment