Thursday, March 6, 2014

Best day, by far.

REcap:

Tuesday: 4.85 miles (pulled a muscle in my leg. First real running injury. Put some doTerra oils on it and was well by the next day).
Wednesday: 6.2 miles at a 12 minute consistent speed. Taking it easy so as not to injure again
Thurdsay, TODAY: 1.86 miles. So why was today the best day??? I'll tell you.

So, my kids started gymnastics today. The running track is on the second level of the gym. The gymnastics class was on the first level. So watching my children be cute and adorable made running nearly impossible. So I ran one mile then walked and observed my children. As I walked several people came up to me and said, "Not running today?" They all knew who I was! Some said, "But you're my inspiration to keep going!" It was awesome! Then I went down to the gym to get my kids. They were in Gym B. I had to walk through Gym A to get them. And a handful of Basketball players all acknowledged me and some said, "You didn't run today." I didn't realize I made an impression on people. ha! I did run 8 miles on shin splints last week and they could have all noticed me because the look on my face must have been that of shear horror. So maybe that's how they all knew me. "You're the girl who crawls the last 5 laps." "You're the girl who cries through the last 3 miles of her run." haha! I am glad I inspire people, though. I used to inspire people on the level that I would run with a joint disorder. But today, those people don't know I have a joint disorder! So I inspire on a "normal" level! I am on par with "normal" athletes! It's pretty awesome. I am very happy.

In addition to my run/walk, I did a bunch of the weight machines because if I don't I fall apart. Mostly focused on arms because my arms have been subluxing like mad in my sleep. A dislocation is coming, I can feel it. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment