Saturday, September 6, 2014

Face it!

Today's run was very telling. I'm definitely not going to be ready to run a marathon in the time I want by November. So I've had to rethink the plan. I've come up with a new one, but don't have time to share it today. But all I can say is that the Richmond marathon isn't happening in November. And I'm okay with that. But next year is going to be a big year in many ways. Sorry to be vague. I hate it when people are vague. But that's all I an say for right now.

Today was dangerously hot. It was 92 degrees when I started my run this morning. And t just got hotter and hotter. And the humidity was killer. I was really slow and got light headed often.

In other news, my mystery abdominal pain seems to have gone away. My business is finally in a position where I can let it get crazy without it affecting my own life. So bring on the orders! My kids are in school during the day now. And hockey season starts next Saturday :) So basically, life is good and I'm in a good mindset to continue training.

Also, I'm definitely buying the year pass for Rock n Roll marathons. What a great deal. In 2016 I might buy the world pass depending on if I've met my goals to go to olympic trial. Since I'm not so focused on the marathon in November anymore, I'm considering dabbling in other area like the 10,000 meter. Even trying for that will improve my marathon time so it doesn't really matter if I train for one or other. 10,000 m marathon trial is in Eugene, Oregon. I need to run a 10k in 32 minutes. hahaha!!!!!!! Laughable, now. But we shall seeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment