Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Drill program

I'm sick :( And I didn't feel up to do anything today. But I did. TWICE! So today I started my drills. Here's the run down:

15 min jogging warm up

Skipping:
a) simple "school yard" skip at least 60 yards, then run back to the start and back the 60 yrds, then walk back to start
b) high knee skip at least 60 yards, run back to start then back again and walk back to start
c) long skipping. ugh. . . I can't figure this one out. Going to have to consult the coach on this one. . .
d) skip kicks (like the rockets) 60 yards, run out

Knees:
a) Flat foot march, 60 yards walk back to start
b) high knees, on toes, no skip 60 yards, walk back to start
c) Bounding, hopping forward (somehow this is in the knee category. . . )

Misc:
a) Foot shuffles, no knee lift 60 yards, jog and stride back
b) butt kicks, 60 yards, jog and stride back
c) Carrioca, latteral hip swivel, 60 yards one side, 60 yards the other sides run/walk back
d) hip thrust: with back flat on ground, shoulders down, knees up, thrust hip upward. Put fingers in back of shoes to make sure your feet are far enough back

Birddog:
a) shoulders over hands, hips over knees, extend opposite leg and arm 30x3
b) hold extended position for 1 second 30 x 3

Planking
1) on forearms
a) neutral, 10 sec
b) rotate on left arm, 10 sec
c) neutral, 10 sec
d) rotate to right arm, 10 sec
3) neutral, 10 sec
repeat two more times with 30 seconds rest in between each rep

2) on hands
a) neutral, 10 sec
b) rotate on left arm, 10 sec
c) neutral, 10 sec
d) rotate to right arm, 10 sec
3) neutral, 10 sec
repeat two more times with 30 seconds rest in between each rep

Did that this morning. Took one hour and thirty minutes. Then I ran this evening, but only 2 miles. I am not feeling really great. I have a cold or something. Some kind of throat thing.


Overall, it's been an extremely busy week. My business is getting a credit the Land of Nod catalog this fall. So I hired a bunch of people to handle that load. Then I was given a $1,000 ad credit on houzz.com. So I hired three more people this week to handle that load. I'm going to add two more. I have one in mind. I've been talking to my husband's cousin's wife about sewing recently. But then I'll need another person.

I used to train each seamstress in person. But my husband and I made training videos on everything we make. It's taken months! So I just send a person materials to make a shade, give them some specs and then they ship it back for notes. When I approve I send them supplies and add them to the list of people my assistant can issue orders too and there we go! That's the easy part, though. I've spent the past two days setting them up, which is the hard and time consuming part. But it's all worth it in the end. For everyone :)

My husband has started running too. We've both been talking lately about how our lifestyle is so different now. We used to want the house, the car, etc. I used to enjoy decorating and keeping a garden. Our lifestyle doesn't really include any of those things any more and even our small house feels burdonsome. We've been talking about making BIG changes. It won't be for a year or two and may in fact just be fun conversation. But we have been talking about BIG lifestyle changes. I'll clue you in as things become more concrete.




No comments:

Post a Comment