Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Tuesday April 4th, 2023

 A little late this week. I’m working my fourth shift in a row tonight! Our two full time monitor techs both took time off this week! So I’m trying to fill in where I can. Since I took a big test last week and felt like things were light, I decided to pick up.

I spent most of last week obsessing over my electrolytes exam. So I didn’t live much life. But it paid off. I got a 46/50. I was fine with that because I got all the electrolytes questions right. I spent so much time on those I forgot to think about sleep and grief, the other aspects of the test. I don’t feel like I need to need to every detail about stage 3 sleep to be a good nurse. But maybe I’m wrong!



You won’t believe it, but we are going on day 13 of our renovation guy not coming to our house to finish the job. Car broke down, blah blah blah. . . I was like, so you know when my care breaks down, I still have to figure out a way to show up to work!! Weird concept for some people, I guess. . . . Then he called Garren today to ask him for another payment!!!! I laughed so hard I nearly messed myself! I am past feeling about this. I don’t care how long it takes he isn’t getting another dime out of me until the job is done. And then I never want to see him again!

So I picked up shifts Saturday, Sunday, Monday and tonight. I don’t know what is going on with our hospital but they aren’t taking care of the grounds and I think they didn’t pay for trash pick up because the trash is piling up outside by cardiology and it isn’t being picked up. And we are always in crisis mode. I won’t be the least bit surprised if we close down soon or something like that. Our property is overgrown with weeds, trees down in the parking lot, and no one is doing anything about it! So if we can’t pay to have the grounds kept up then I don’t even want to know what other problems are happening. I tried to look at the bright side of it though. We have weeds growing the cracks in the asphalt, even! 
We have much bigger ones that’s this. But this was the one nearest me when I thought to take a picture. They are growing in some places over a foot tall out of the asphalt! When trying to look at the bright side I thought, nature always finds a way. Then I saw the weeds a little differently.

Anyway, that’s all for this week. Unless you want to hear about 2nd degree heart blocks and Vtach, which has been my life for the past few days. Snooze. . . . .

This week’s post is brought to you by Miriam sitting in Sugar’s lap instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment