Monday, April 24, 2023

April 24, 2023 (Post for week April 16-23)

 Our bathroom renovation is finally done on Frank’s end. Thank goodness—he was destroying my house. My carpet is ruined and I have to repaint a lot of areas, my new toilet is all grubby because he put his grout and calking stuff all over it. . .  He just wasn’t very careful or thoughtful in how he did things. So he destroyed a lot of other stuff in the process to the point of being unfixable. That is so frustrating to me! So the picture I posted last week is pretty much where we are at with the bathroom. Glass should be installed Wednesday. The entry way is finally done and looks nice. We will put this same tile in the front of the house leading up to the garage and in the back of the house from the back door to the grill.



We added the pop outs around the new window so it will look like the rest of the house. I don’t know when we’ll ever get around to painting, but I am confident the HOA will let us know when we have taken too long.


In other events, Miriam had a dance show last week. She said she didn’t like it all and won’t be continuing. Fine by me. She does like synchro so at least she has something she enjoys. I enjoyed watching her dance, though. It was fun!




I had a test on Thursday and it was my worst one yet!!! I got an 82%! I’m so disappointed. It brought my total grade into the B range. I have to get a 96% on my final to finish the class with an A. I’m so bummed. I think I just got comfortable because I did well on all the other exams. I don’t know. . . I have no excuses, I guess. Just wasn’t my day. 

I had clinical on Friday. Nothing new there. I think I’ve seen all long term care has to offer from the nurse’s point of view. Doing this clinical made me remember why I went into long term care. It’s definitely not easy, but it is so rewarding. The connections you make with the residents and seeing the same people day after day. . . It’s just different from the hospital and it’s nice to know who you are helping on a personal level.

My garden is growing really well! But the murderous heat is coming, so everything will probably die soon.



Joshua picked out the flowers that I have divining the garden in four different spots. Can’t wait ‘til they bloom! Lillies and Dalias. 

I took Joshua shopping on Saturday for new clothes for his DC trip because he looks homeless. . . .I got him a new suit, new dress shoes, nice clothes to wear in DC and also to job interviews since he’ll be doing that soon. I pent WAY too much money, but that’s why I worked those four nights in a row a few weeks ago. Then Garren helped him pick out a car yesterday. They’re going to go buy a car in a week or two. Exciting time for him!!

Well, that’s all for this week. I’m going to be spending a disproportionate amount of time studying this week. I feel like I have balanced my life pretty well this semester. I haven’t had a breakdown yet because of feeling like all I do is school work. But this week and next I’m going to hit the books hard. I really want an A! So I’m going to buckle down and study study study! I don’t work again until next Thursday, so this should be do-able.

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment