Monday, March 20, 2023

Monday, March 20, 2023

 Last week was Spring Break. My mom took the kids up to the cabin on Monday. I worked on Monday night so I slept Tuesday during the day. Garren went out for dinner and then took Sugar for a walk. Then we we watched the Elvis movie, which wasn’t what I was expecting. It was good, but not what I was expecting. The guy that played Elvis was cute, so it’s all good. Didn’t like Tom Hanks in it. And that’s my review for you!

The turtles woke up from hibernation and then immediately did this:

Like they missed each other or something. Needed to be all bundled up together. 


Sugar was outside for a whole day again during the renovation and did this:
I don’t even know what to say. Again, here is what it looks like before she messes it up.


I drove up to the cabin on Wednesday. There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground so we didn’t do much. I think that’s exactly what we need, though. We watched lots of movies, played games lie “what if” and Pictionary. We played slap jack and Sugar tried to play with us! She’d sit next to us and watch as we put the cards down. Then when we’d slap shed slap her paw on the pile too! We got it on video, but it’s on Miriam’s phone. I’ll have to get it from her and upload it here. Miriam and I crocheted, colored, and shopped! We found a gem store. Miriam is getting into astrology and that sort of thing. I went to my favorite store, Pinetop Olive Oil, and got new oils, vinegars, and a cook book! One of these days Garren is going to cut me off on the cook books! Well, maybe he won’t, but he probably should. . . 


Here is where we are at with the bathroom renovation. 
It’s going to be gorgeous! It’s taking a little longer than we ever imagined, so Garren had a “Come to Jesus” with our tile guy yesterday. He’s been here for two hours already this morning and has done a ton. So I think Garren got through to him. We decided to do a wood look tile on top of the bench so that it could tie in with the floor tile. We had him arrange it in a herringbone pattern like on the main floor tile. 
This tile is the same colors as the main floor tile. I was worried about the main floor tile not matching what we chose for the shower, but I think this will make it tie in nicely. 

Now for the upcoming week. I have a simulation today at school, which I expect to be spectacularly boring. Then grandpa’s funeral on Wednesday. Introduction to Electrolytes on Thursday. Yea.  . .  Then my first clinical at a long term care facility on Friday. Yea. Miriam has another swim meet on Saturday, though! That will be the highlight of the week!

As always, this post is brought to you by Sugar, the lap dog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment