Monday, March 27, 2023

Flashback Friday! WTBM and Kelsie’s Kitchen.

 I know it’s Sunday.  . .  Last week had two rather big events so I am behind. 

About this time in 2018 (now about 5 years ago) a woman name Kelsie Nixon reached out to me on Etsy so ask if I would create a window treatment for the set of her kitchen on the food network! Her show was called Kelsie’s Kitchen. Of course I accepted! At the time we were the highest ranking window treatments provider on Etsy. I had the most sales and most 5 star reviews. It was an absolute honor to participate in this project and I am still very proud of it!



I sold the business in December of 2019. It was very satisfying to create a successful business from the ground up. I employed many people over the years. This is just one of many public successes we had. Some others include being in HGTV magazine, having window treatments in episodes of House Hunters and Buying and Selling. . .  My proudest achievement, though. . . . I never once in ten years took out a line of credit or had a business credit card! The business could always pay for everything from business funds! 

Every once in a while I think I miss it. But then Ashley writes me about something dumb someone is complaining about and then I remember what a depleting, soul-sucking responsibility it is to be a business owner. You’re the only one with all the answers, have to be available at all times. . . .I was good at it, but it I didn’t want that life anymore. So I sold it and now here I am! I am very proud of what I built though. (And Garren . .  I built this with Garren. He was very instrumental behind the scenes). The business is still running strong today and with many of the original seamstresses. They are who I miss the most. I wouldn’t be anything without them. They built my products better than I did! Amazing, talented women they are. I will hold them in a special place in my heart forever. I wasn’t always the most pleasant person to work for, but they stuck it out with me. I’m forever grateful to them for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment