Thursday, February 12, 2015

Updates

Sorry, I've been absent. I know I have some EDS followers and so I plan to keep this updated regularly in as much as I possibly can. But I am extremely busy these days. I will update you on the latest happenings.

I ran my first full marathon on Jan 25, 2015 in New Orleans. My time was over six hours. I wanted this marathon to be an opportunity to figure out where along the 26.2 miles I wear out, hit the wall, etc. It was a great learning experience and the RNRNOLA full marathon course was perfect for a first marathon. The course was nice and flat for the most part, and at sea level, of course. I have some trouble with oxygen exchange and wearing out quickly when I am in higher elevations. I have been dealing with my psoas muscle injury. . .  forever. And it gave up at mile 16. I overcompensated with my right side and dislocated my right shoulder at mile 22. I hobbled to the finish line. :) I'll write about it in more detail in another post.

I have hired a running coach! I am excited to see where this journey goes! I have no idea what I am capable of, but I know Ed will push me to my limits to find out!

I have also hired a nutritionist as I have been having trouble balancing all of my many issues. . .  low blood pressure, low blood sugar, etc. Looking forward to working with her.

I am now using Garmin Connect to update after most of my workouts, but I will continue to update here as well for my fellow Zebras. :)

After running my marathon, I just want to tell you fellow zebras to not let EDS be who you are. Don't let it define you. Don't let it run your life. It doesn't have to consume you. It can just be something you have to deal with, an obstacle you have to overcome.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment