Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2/25 long run, just notes on how I felt. Nothing special today.

EDS pain: moderate, ankles, knees and shoulder pain. My should subluxed at 90 minutes into my workout.

Overall "wellness": I've slept a total of ten hours since Sunday night. . .  It's now Wednesday morning. Not because of anything in particular. It's not because of work or pain, etc. I just haven't been able to sleep. :( It has caught up with me today and I'm feeling terrible. I was feeling okay during my run though. But right now, I feel awful.

Weather: good. Very old, so I ran inside at the Y and also did stairs.

 I felt great. I didn't ever get to the point where I was feeling overly tired. I think that's because I kept my heart rate down at a reasonable rate. Didn't stress it too much. I tried to stay around 150,

I'd say the hardest thing about today was breaking in the new shoes. I bought a pair of Brooks Cadence yesterday. About 60 minutes into today's run, I couldn't feel my toes :)

Overall, today was great! I'm still frustrated with feeling slow. But I am always reminded of a few years ago when I used to have to plan one activity per day (doctor visit, grocery shopping, etc) because it would take me so long to even just get to my car and get in and out of the car. So when I think of that, I don't get frustrated with an 11:30 minute mile. I do feel very strong and not as prone to dislocating right now. Last week was a bad week, but this week is great. So I am trying to fit in as much as I can while I am doing well.


(Notice the bold I. This means I was not alone. ;) I'll explain later. For now, I'm just trying to spare someone. . ). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment