Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday, January 30, 2023

 Today starts week three of block 1 and week four of MSN. Last week went well. We started our head to toe assessment. I am on some nursing forums on FB and I often see people posting about failing their head to toe assessments. So, that had me a little anxious, but now that we’re in it I don’t think it will be so bad. If you just go top to bottom it’s hard to forget things because there is a natural progression. Plus, my teachers are great. They really *want* us to do well. So, I know if I put in the work and they see me putting in the work they won’t let me fail. 

The MSN program is going well, too. I’ll be glad when it’s over though. We had to do a group project last week and it was *thee* worst. We had to do a power point presentation and we only had to cite in APA, not write out the slides in APA. One group member was clueless on that so I just did all of it for her so we could turn it in. It was very challenging. If it were earlier in the week I would have guided her to where she could learn how to do it on her own, but everything was put together so last minute that I just had to do it. Whatever, it’s over now. . .  I know I annoyed the heck out of my group because I wrote every day—sometimes several times a day— to keep everyone on track. 

Last week during a quiz I got a text message from my neighbor saying my dog, Sugar, was out in the front yard. I think she is not handling me being gone all day very well. So she escaped from the back gate and I guess just hung out in the driveway. It looks like she tried to get back in the backyard though because there were scratch marks on the front side of the gate, poor baby. She doesn’t run away, so she just stayed in the driveway.

Miriam had a pre competition last Saturday for synchro. She did great. She was the best one, in my opinion. She was also the only one I was watching. . .  But that’s neither here nor there. . .I volunteered as a “score runner” at the competition. I gathered the scores from the judges then took them to the scoring room. It was fun to watch all the different performances and see how the judges scored. I did have a moment where I thought of the episode of Glee with Olivia NEwton John when she is the judge for the chow choir competition and asks, “Is this a poor person schooL?” One of the judges asked if she should lower her standards for the “free program” group. ha! I have a video of her performance, but blogger says it’s too big to upload. I’ll figure it out and post it later.



This is her whole synchro team.


This was after her “victory lap” they do when they finish their performance.


Channeling Eleven from Stranger Things, maybe???

Yesterday we met with “Frank, the tile guy” who did our kitchen backsplash. He’s going to remodel our bathroom and front entry way for us. He starts on Wednesday! I have lab all day Wednesday so he will have the house to himself . . .  With Sugar. . . ha! That will be interesting. 

Shower floor and
Bathroom floor



Entry way detail.

Time for lab. I’m sitting in my car again writing this :) Going to get in and get in the zone!More next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment