Thursday, May 21, 2015

I'm back. . . and very excited!

I'm back! I took a little break for a while for some health stuff.

My lower spine is collapsing on itself. I will need to have those spacer thingies put in my spine. Blah Blah blah, not talking about it because I haven't quite "accepted" it yet. So when I finally come around to doing that I'll write more.

As my fellow zebras who are reading this know, EDS is a tissue disorder. So it affects everything made of tissue: organs, ear drums, and uterus, among other things. . .  I have endometriosis and will be having an IUI in August. So I am trying to cram as much work as I can in between now and then. If endo had a face. . .  grrr. . . .

My last coach and I weren't a good fit. I think I was too "needy" or something. Ultimately, I was embarrassed more than anything. I had no clue I was so demanding. Found a new coach and am very optimistic. I compensate for my demanding nature. :) Lessons learned. . .  In a very short amount of time I've learned how to read my Garmin stats, fixed my hip "swivel," and set up a good training plan so I know what to expect and know what is expected of me. Clarity is good; avoids embarrassment :)

My EDS has been very bad the past month. Worse than I've felt in a long time. I have gone back to dislocating several times a day, I have been working slower than ever because my joints hurt so bad and I have slept worse than usual. I've never been a good sleeper, but lately it's been really bad. It's been so bad that I feel like I have aged when I look in the mirror :( I'm not a vain person, but it is frustrating. BUT, I have an unstoppable personality. And so I am back at it! Slowly. But back.

With my ultimate goal being to be an elite runner, or compete on a master level, I am going to be starting right out of the gate with two workouts a day. Since I am sort of "starting over" the workouts will be small and are mostly designed to get me in the habit of doing something twice a day. So it will be something small, like a 15 minute core workout in the morning and then something more intense in the afternoon/evening, though it will still be short. Trying not to overdue it, but start to build a lifestyle of an elite runner.

I feel really good about the design of this plan. I feel like it is specific to my goals and also respects my limitations. The plan is more detailed, but I am short on time, One of my seamstresses messed up ROYALLY and I have to remake the order. So I am going to be doing that all night. . . But more about my plan soon. I also feel I have made a better coaching match. Instead of, "We'll get to that," or, "That will fix itself over time," I'm hearing a lot more, "Okay, Let's do that right  now!"  I feel like the training sessions are balanced between making progress but also addressing a lot of personal concerns and past learned habits that need to be fixed. I like thee balanced feeling. Everything is going great so far.

More soon. Gotta go fix a royal mess for now.


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment