Monday, December 11, 2023

Monday December 11, 2023 (post for 12/3-12/11)

 Block II is officially over and. . .  I PASSED! Phew! There were many times this semester when I felt like that was in question. Including every answer I click “submit” to on the final today. 

Our exam was today at 1pm. That was unpleasant because I had the whole morning to think about it. I just did some review and mostly practiced math questions. I thought if I had the math solid I knew for sure I had it in my power to make sure I got all of those right on the exam. So I did lots and lots of practice. Then I went to the exam 30 minutes early just in case. Ha!I sat beside my good friends Sam and Nadia (and Shannon on the other side of Sam). Nadia took a few minutes to pray for all of us before starting. I prayed in my car before coming in. I prayed that if this was my path I would be guided to the correct answers and if it was not my path that I would feel comforted that it was meant to be that way. I didn’t feel very well prepared for this exam. I worked 5 shifts last week. I get a lot of studying done in the monitor room, so I like to pick up shifts. It’s almost like going to the library! So I did do tons of studying, but for some reason I just didn’t feel confident or prepared. I did practice exams and didn’t perform very well on them. I also participated in a study group with classmates last night and it felt like i was hearing everything for the first time! I was very relieved that I did well and am relieved that it is over. I finished with a B which is fine by me! This semester was brutal. Nursing grading is 92%+ is an A, 84%—91.99% is a B, and 76%—83.99% is a C. So I am at a solid B and I am happy with that!




All I’ve been doing the past week and a half is working and studying. So nothing other than passing the block is really new. As soon as I got out to my car to leave the exam I got an email telling me my masters class has started and I have an assignment due tonight. Ha! I’m in the monitor room tonight, so I got it done in time. No rest for the weary! I’m going to get ahead on the rest of the week’s assignments tonight so I can just relax and do absolutely nothing the rest of the week! I’m going to cook a real dinner that takes longer than ten minutes to make and maybe even bake something for dessert! 

This was me when I pulled out my psych notes to prepare for the exam. 

#true.

This morning after taking about 6 practice psych exams and getting a 50% or less on each one I decided to organize my notability and then ‘manifest’ that I would make it to block 3 by making block 3 tabs.

Sugar being a lap dog. 

Sugar being a lap dog again.

Lap dog. 




Joshua and my dad finally started making their model train! It’s up in our loft. I’m going to buy a couch this weekend to go in that space too. It will be crowded up there, but that’s okay. It will be worth it. My dad wants to come over on Saturdays and Sundays and work with josh on the train. It will be nice to have him around.

Well, that’s all for now. I’m just going to relax for the next couple of days. May not write again until we go to the cabin for New years. Peace out!!


No comments:

Post a Comment